Want a scholarship, but not sure where to start?
Need a scholarship?
Or are you just curious?
Well, you’ve come to the right place!
Scholarships are a tricky business. It feels like there are hardly any, but in truth, there are millions of unclaimed scholarships in Canada each year. To be exact, that’s millions of unclaimed dollars you could win. In addition, it is not uncommon for graduating post-secondary students to be stuck in debt. So winning a scholarship could definitely help ease that financial blow.
Scholarships versus Bursaries:
But first and foremost, let’s get a frequently asked question out of the way: What is the difference between a scholarship and a bursary?
Scholarships: monetary awards given for excellence in a specific academic field (like for chemistry or English) or for achievements in a non-academic field (like for community service or athletics)
Bursary: monetary grants given to students who demonstrate a clear need of financial aid and/ or satisfactory academic achievement
So without further ado, let’s now take a look at some of the scholarships available in Canada! Clink on the scholarship of interest and it will direct you to the page where you can apply/ learn more.
* D’études Horatio Alger/ Horatio Alger of Canada Scholarship Programs
* Programme de bourses TDAH de Shire Canada/ Shire Canada ADHD Scholarship Program
* The Gary W. Sims Québec Association of Applied Educational Technology Scholarship
YUKON, NUNAVUT, & THE NORTHWEST TERRITORIES:
NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR:
PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND:
CANADA & ONTARIO:
* Herbert H. Carnegie Future Aces Foundation’s National Citizenship Award and Scholarship
* Loran Award
* The Miller Thomson Foundation Scholarship
* The TD Scholarship
* RBC Students Leading Change Scholarship
* Schulich Leader Scholarships
* BGG Communications Scholarship
* Louise Russo Youth and Leadership Award